The Learning Development department at Therfield monitors the progress and provides support for all students on the SEN register (Code of Practice).
The Recent Ofsted Inspection (March 2013) stated:
“Disabled students and those with special educational needs also make good progress because the school supports their learning very effectively, for example, through the alternative provision offered by the school and the extensive support provided by specialist staff.”
The Learning Development department offers:
- Support in lessons
- Withdrawal lessons including 1:1 and small group work
- Extensive resources including computer software
- Homework club
- Support at Break and Lunch times
- Learning Mentors
- Social skills groups
- Nurture groups
- Exam concessions
- Laptop use
- Support for vocational courses.
- Help with extra-curricular activities such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award
For further information please click below for the 14 questions about SEND or contact our SENCo directly.
Mrs Kelly Sandy
Telephone: 01372 818123 ext. 234